1. Today is a buyer's market. The buyer has plenty of inventory to choose from.
2. Prices have reduced significantly and sellers are motivated. Many are accepting lower down payments and carrying the note.
3. You can own a NEW home for as low as $40,000!
4. Just a 1 hour drive to the border in Lukeville, then you're back in the U.S.!
5. Only 3.5 to 4 hour easy drive from Phoenix or Tucson.
6. Phoenix population 1.512 million, Tucson population 997k. As the population grows, so does the “pool” of prospects that may look for investment property if and when you decide to sell.
7. There are more than 30 development projects being built or already built. We believe once funding becomes available again for developments, construction will continue, properties sold, and buyers will end up on a waiting list as it was a few years ago.
8. Mayan Palace, (timeshare) a beautiful place in the desert, 20 miles outside Penasco. Why would they build way out there? Why are they building Mayan Lakes (full ownership homes) and Mayan Island? What do they know?
9. A new international airport near completion. Word on the street is that it will be open mid-September for regional aircraft and November 2009 we should be seeing the big jets. It is just down the road from the Mayan Palace!
10. A new highway from Arizona's border to the Mayan area is being constructed.
11. The new coastal highway that connects Penasco to Southern California is complete! Only 5 hour drive from San Diego. (San Diego population 1.25 million). Did you know Californians have run out of "affordable" beach property? Guess where they've been buying? Yes, Puerto Penasco.
12. There have been many articles published promoting Puerto Penasco. Major newspapers in Los Angeles, Denver, Phoenix, Tucson, and The New York Times. They write about "Arizona's Beach". Creates more exposure for us! The word is getting out. Can't afford Cancun? Try Penasco, an easy drive in destination.
13. The 2007 border governor’s conference (including Arnold Schwarzenegger) was in Puerto Penasco, creating awareness and exposure. See photos of the Penasco conference:
14. As you look around, many locals are putting money back into the community such as new apartments, motels, hotels and restaurants. It appears they're preparing for the tourist upswing.
15. Holland America is planning to have one cruise ship a week on the Sea of Cortez route as of 2011, stated Simon Douwes, Planning and Scheduling Director, who recently confirmed that at the latest in three years, Puerto Penasco will become the site for the arrival and departure of cruise ships. Cruise ships are already in San Carlos!
16. Fabulous weather! About 340 days a year of SUNSHINE AND BLUE SKIES!! Average temperature in the summer is 95 degrees and in the winter is 64 degrees.
17. Did we say fresh seafood and shrimp yet??
18. The Arizona Mexico Commission is focused on improvements to Mexico. Mexico is using Arizona as a guide to continued growth. The Arizona Mexico Commission (AMC) is connecting communities and changing business in the Arizona-Sonora region. It is the bridge between crossborder entities of common interest in the governmental, business and academic communities. Visit the AMC online at:
19. Did you hear? WAL-MART and SAM'S CLUB are coming!
20. According to the State of Sonora's Economic Forecasters, there are 77,000 Residents now and they are predicting 180,000 residents in the next 10 years. The government has set aside 400,000,000 (400 million dollars) for the city to improve its infrastructure. Arizona's best-kept secret is becoming famous worldwide.
21. When you drive around town you will see license plates from Arizona, Texas, California, Colorado, South Carolina, Illinois, Utah, Oregon, Canada and different parts of Mexico. Perhaps it is time you come and see what they all see.
22. It is now required to be a licensed real estate agent in the State of Sonora- the first State in Mexico to hold agents to this higher standard. This is GREAT news for buyers and their own protection. Make sure you use a licensed agent when buying and selling.
All these are great reasons to buy now. We have heard many people say "I wish I bought a few years ago”. There is another WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY.
All the above reasons show GROWTH.
We look forward to hearing from you. We have access to ALL the listings in town and we're happy to share them with you. There are many motivated sellers that are being creative by offering low down payments and carrying the note. There are also sellers that are willing to let buyers into a lease at low costs.
When you're ready, please contact us.
"Don't wait to buy real estate, buy real estate and wait"
“Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate”
Andrew Carnegie (1919)